For the general public:
- I gave a talk about “Quantum materials” to the Santa Barbara Astronomical Unit. Here is a pdf.
- You can see my public lecture, “Strange stuff: a second quantum revolution” on youtube. You can also download a pdf of the slides.
Course notes from UCSB classes:
- Here are some lecture notes from a one quarter class in 2015 on Quantum Many Body Physics (Physics 217A). They try to take a modern view on universal properties of phases of matter, connections to quantum information and entanglement, etc. They discuss mainly many body physics of bosons and spins.
- Here are lecture notes from the second quarter of the same sequence, Physics 217B. This quarter focuses on fermions. Topics include topology, Chern-Simons theory and fractional quantum Hall effect, Fermi liquid theory and renormalization group, and superconductivity.
Other documents for physicists:
- I gave a four lecture course on “Twisted Bilayer Graphene” at the IES Cargèse summer school on Emergent phenomena in correlated quantum matter, August 2019. I am working on some proper latex’d notes, but here are some hand-written ones:
- I gave three lectures on “Quantum spin liquids” at the Capri spring school on transport in nanostructures, May 2019. (blackboard lectures – sorry my notes are not fit to share)
- I gave two lectures on “Quantum spin liquids, Majorana edge modes, and thermal Hall” at the EPiQM summer school at Cornell, June 2018 (yes, this happened at the same time as the QS3 school – it’s bizarre!). The lectures are on youtube: lecture 1 and lecture 2 .
- I gave a two lecture “Introduction to Quantum Materials” course at the QS3 summer school at Cornell, June 2018.
- Lucile Savary and I wrote a long review article on quantum spin liquids (2016).
- Here is an older (and easier) review article on spin liquids.
- Here are slides from lectures I gave on quantum spin liquids the 2016 CIFAR quantum materials school.